democrat bobby bliatout for congress.
caring for our veterans.
Americas' war veterans have a special place in my heart. After all, my family fought as part of the American mission in southeast Asia during the Vietnam War. I consider them American veterans as well.
So when I see veterans who are unemployed, without adequate housing, or even wandering the streets suffering from effects of PTSD or TBI–frankly, it makes me mad.
I believe we can do better. If elected to Congress, I will work to reform the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs to make it more pro-active in caring for American veterans.
facts about our vets
- There are roughly 24 million vets in the United States.
- The Vietnam War has the most veterans at 7.8 million.
- 3.4 million veterans have a service-related disability.
- 20% of Iraq and Afghanistan War veterans suffer from PTSD.
- California has the highest number of veterans (2.1 million.)
Source: Bureau of Veterans Affairs
reforms for the veterans administration
Move veterans onto Medicare-for-all medical insurance pools and allow them provider choice.
Provide mental health recovery services, including PTSD/TBI, using the full extent of government resources.
Work with landlords and local veterans' groups to ensure Veteran Section 8 vouchers are fully used.
Hold VA-sponsored housing and health care training to assist our veterans.